Sunday, January 6, 2008

New England Pics (finally....)

I wasn't able to post pictures during my stay out East, so I'm finally posting some now. These are in no particular order. I was able to visit Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. The time went by way too fast and I didn't get to see nearly as much as I wanted to, but here are some highlights of my trip.

North Conway, NH. We took a hike in the woods so I could take these photographs. It was a dreary day, but it still looked so cool. I would love to go back in the summer.

Portsmouth, NH. This is a beach we stopped at so that I could say "hello" to the ocean (one of my favorite places). Set the camera on self-timer and shot this picture of my sister and I. I had to run for the photo, but it was fun. It was cooold, but we stayed for a while and beach combed (found lots of little shells to bring back to the kids).
Boston, MA. Highlight of going to Boston was the Samuel Adams tour. Highly recommend this tour--it comes with free beer at the end and a souvenir glass you can take home.
Newport, RI. On my last day my sister took me down to Newport. The scenery is beautiful there. We drove along the shore where I was able to capture lots of photos. Here's one of my favorites.
Historic home along the shore in Newport, RI. When I go back I'm taking the tour inside the house. It was closed the day I was there :(
Jackson, NH. Covered bridge--this part of NH has quite a few covered bridges. It was fun to drive around to them.
Jackson, NH. We heard about a waterfall near Jackson so we started driving around looking for it. It wasn't a large waterfall by any means but the view from the waterfall area was spectacular.
The drive home from North Conway, NH looked like this the entire way.... It took us 4 hours to go 75 miles--oh the agony.
Overall, I had a great time visiting the New England states. I look forward to going back out there this summer and spending more time.

3 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

beautiful images. that snow looks crazy! sometimes i wish we had snow. ha sometimes :)

Anonymous said...

wonderful images. that last one of the cars is so cool, awesome that you thought to grab that shot.

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Wow, these pics are great! I know! That storm was horrendous! Although, truthfully, we've had worse and I'm sure you've survived worse too! :)