I kept seeing blog and forum entries about "101 things in 1001 days" and decided to research it. I really liked the concept so I decided to take the plunge for myself. In essence, this is a list of goals you set for yourself that you want to accomplish. A 1001 days is just under 3 years so plenty of time to complete the items on your list. If you want to read more about it click here.
The mission is simple: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The criteria: Tasks must be specific (no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable, or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie: represent some amount of effort on your part).
Sounds easy right??? Well, I have spent the better part of three weeks putting my list together. I've heard of some people that created their list in a day, but for some reason it took me a really long time to think of 101 things.
So, I'm posting my list here in the hope that it keeps me motivated to complete all my set tasks. I'm going to try to photograph (if possible) and blog tasks as they are completed. I found a handy dandy calculator on the net that helped me figure out when my time would be up. My deadline for my 101 things is: OCTOBER 13, 2010.
Drum roll please......... ;)
1. Have family photos done by a photographer I admire.
2. Create family photo christmas card for 08
3. Create family photo christmas card for 09
4. Anniversary pics for Alan & I
5. Passports for Dylan and Emma
6. Send bday cards to arrive by bday
7. Help Emma earn GS Silver award
8. Do "Day in the Life" photos for Dylan and Emma
9. Frame a piece of Dylan's art work--hang it up
10. Teach Dylan and Emma sign language alphabet
11. Improve handwriting
12. Attend yoga at least 1x a week for 3 months
13. Scrapbook a book about me
14. One date a month for 3 consecutive months (yes, with Alan unless Pierce Bronson stops by--ha ha)
15. Give up coffee
16. Donate blood
17. Print/scrap all family pictures for '07
18. Print/scrap all family pictures for '08
19. Print/scrap all family pictures for '09
20. Stop being a wimp, take the plunge, and have Lasik eye surgery
21. Be grateful for five things every day
22. Stop multi-tasking and learn to be "in" the moment
23. Create another 101 list near the end of 1001 days
24. Learn, at minimum, tourist Italian
25. Take a wildlife rehab class
26. Learn to cook something new
27. See the Northern Lights
28. Make a Red Velvet Cake
29. Learn to scuba
30. Learn how to make polaroid transfers.
31. Go whale watching
32. Drive over the Hoover Damn
33. Take a random 3-day trip
34. Visit Sanibel Island, FL
35. Visit Italy
36. Visit Chicago Art Museum
37. Long weekend away with just Alan
38. Take family to a Red Wings game
39. Go to a zoo we've never been to before
40. Go back to Hocking Hills, OH with Thompson Family for Thanksgiving
41. Take family to Detroit Pistons game
Just for the Fun of It
42. Find a Petosky stone
43. Find a Lake Superior Agate
44. Buy a wine cabinet and stock it
45. Do a random act of kindness for a stranger
46. Find a morel mushroom
47. Find 100 geocaches
48. Find a Herkimer diamond
49. Take a photo a day for a month
50. Kayak at least once a month (during spring, summer, fall)
51. Have yard classified as a wildlife habitat
52. Train family dog, Kira, to stay in the yard!
53. Learn to identify 10 birds and photograph them.
54. Watch a butterfly hatch.
55. Identify 10 wildflowers and photograph them.
56. Finish snowman quilt that has been sitting in basement for 8+years
57. Host dinner and outdoor movie for friends
58. Photo document my completion of each of these goals
59. Find a bright orange or red piece of beach glass
60. Prepare at least three meals a week from scratch
61. Write a will
62. Write a living will
63. Finish office space (ie: furniture, desk)
64. Organize computer area
65. Organize household paperwork
66. Have friends over for dinner at least 4x
67. Clean out basement
68. Fix front steps
69. Make dog-type run out backdoor
70. Make a household inventory with pictures and serial #'s for insurance purposes
71. Organize loose recipes into a binder
72. Write down all phone numbers, addresses, birthdays into a real address book
73. Frame and hang photos/art work
74. Help Alan organize the garage
75. Recycle ALL paper/cardboard (no cheating!)
76. Recycle all glass.
77. Recycle all plastic.
78. Cut down on toxic housecleaners
79. Buy at farmers market during summer
80. Organize business paperwork/filing system
81. Contract family photo shoots in three other states.
82. Promote photo parties.
83. Attend four photo education opportunities
84. Have a photo published in a major publication
85. Volunteer as a photographer for an event.
86. Enter prints into a competition-win.
87. Get 20 photos accepted on stock photo site
88. Get another 20 photos accepted on stock photo site
89. Order 2 large canvas prints
90. Improve photoshop skills
91. Improve lightroom skills
92. Master off camera lighting
93. Organize pictures
94. Order sample album
95. Create price list
96. Book two family sessions/month for six consecutive months
97. Figure out how to make changes to the website
98. Change blog to have clickable pages
99. Get business insurance
100.Buy a wide angle lens
101.Buy a telephoto lens for wildlife shots