Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This n That

Thank you to everyone that sent birthday wishes my way today. Yes, today I turned 38!! Yikes, how did that happen??? It's been a great day. Alan and Emma baked me a cake...can't wait to try it.

I attended a photo seminar in Grand Rapids last night. It was a 90 minute drive each way. Not so bad on the way down, but a bit of a bummer on the drive back. Didn't make it home until 11:30, but it was certaintly worth it. The title of the seminar was "The Class Every Bride Wants You To Take" given by Michael Barton. Learned a lot and met some great people. I finally got to meet Kari Douma from Grand Rapids. I knew of Kari through my photo forum, but we had never met until last night. She is such a talented photographer, it was nice to finally meet her in person.

Today I applied to Mike Colon's (www.mikecolon.com) workshop to attend for free. He has ONE opening at his January workshop for a mom to attend. He is an outstanding photographer. His work is beyond words. Check out his site and prepare yourself to see outstanding photography. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll pick me...I'm sure there are lots of mom's applying, but a girl can hope. I can't even imagine how awesome it would be to attend his workshop......

1 comment:

Marie Moyers said...

I attended mikes class in august this year. Take your lap top and some vit B12 to give you energy, and stanima.
If you would like to know more about what i learned at the class and any hints that i can give you email me.
Rebekah91@suddenlink.net
you are going to have sooooo much fun.

http://www.mariemoyers.com